The Medical Committee is a key pillar for the Group’s clinical management model, and it is of utmost importance as a stimulator of clinical excellence throughout all José de Mello Saúde's facilities.
The Medical Committee advises the Executive Committees and Administrative Boards of the several facilities of the José de Mello Saúde Group, on matters of clinical nature and continuous improvement of the services provided to all JMS customers.
Main responsibilities of José de Mello Saúde’s Medical Committee:
• To advise the Executive Committee in the set out of a strategy for the Group’s clinical development;
• To propose the launching and monitoring of clinical projects that are transverse to all the José de Mello Saúde facilities;
• To promote the development of clinical practice guidelines that transversely apply to all the facilities of José de Mello Saúde;
• To support each facility’s Executive Committee and Manager in developing clinical innovation projects that simultaneously ensure clinical differentiation and increased efficiency;
• To advise the Executive Committee in the definition of the criteria for recruiting and evaluating our medical professionals. These criteria are applied to all José de Mello Saúde's facilities.
The Medical Committee is composed by the following persons:
• Piedade Sande Lemos, Medical Director of Hospital CUF Cascais (President)
• João Paço, Medical Director of hospital CUF Infante Santo
• Jorge Mineiro, Medical Director of hospital CUF Descobertas
• Vitor Correia da Silva, Medical Director of hospital CUF Porto
• Fernando Pardal, Medical Director of Hospital de Braga
• Carlos Rabaçal, Medical Director of Hospital Vila Franca de Xira
• Carlos Pina, Medical Director of clínica CUF Torres Vedras
• Valério Leite, Medical Director of instituto CUF Porto
• José Fragata, José de Mello Saúde’s Clinical Consultant
• Cláudia Simões, José de Mello Saúde’s Organisational Development Director